Sunday, August 29, 2004

Animatics and voice overs

It's annoying when someone points out an aspect of your work that you really like as being a problem with the story. My usual reaction is…

WHAT!… I'm not changing THAT! I LIKE that bit. It's not my FAVOURITE bit, but I LIKE IT and I'm keeping it there because this is MY film and I don't have to change it if I don't want to. YEAH, this is MY movie and nobody is going to make me change my mind about it. YEAH. SO WHAT if it doesn't make sense and reveals gaping holes in the plot. I MEANT it to be that way. I DELIBERATELY wanted that bit to confuse the audience and that's why I wrote it like that. It was INTENTIONAL and… uh… you know it IS pretty confusing. Maybe I could just rework it a little bit, not CHANGE it, just rework it. If I change that and then that other bit then that will probably make more sense and look better and improve the overall story. Of course I ALWAYS intended to change that part right from the beginning. I just wanted to keep it in there to see if anyone noticed, I'm glad I noticed it there before it stuffed up my film.

I go through that process about 10 times a week. I usually spans a few hours.

OK. So I have been working on the animatic. I watched an animatic of the pilot episode of FUTURAMA and it made me realise how much help doing a good detailed job of it can be. I am becoming MILDLY concerned that my movie has broken the 6 minute barrier, and is still climbing.

I had a few days of auditions and then a few days of actual recording of voice overs. Having done the 8th draft of my animatic means I will need to RE record some bits and change some other bits, (see above) but it's better to get all these things ironed out now rather than further down the line.

1 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been checking your blog since 29th August for an update and I am still waiting. Get your act together.

Matt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home