Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Practical solutions vs. complex ideas

I began drafting my scripts yesterday and I got past the very first part and it was already way too long. So I spent about 3 hours reworking it and it was still too long. So I cut out a lot of the details that I really wanted to put in. It was still too long. So I cut out everything that wasn't absolutely necessary to the plot development. It was still a little bit long, but it wasn't funny anymore and it was no longer the story I was trying to tell. I've concluded that my writing style to date, is well suited to movies or animations that are no less than 20 minutes in length. If I was to make the Island of Dr Sandwich, exactly how I see it, I would need about 6 months and a team of helper monkeys...

SO... After a serious reworking, my new concept has no time machines, no ninja monkeys, no helicopters, no suprise parties and no top secret briefings from the military. I'm glad to say that it DOES, however, have a criminally insane sandwich. It also has a piano, a futuristic hover car, a spooky looking haunted house in the mountains, a robot police officer who can transform into a motorbike and a TV news reporter... See, now that's much better!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home