Monday, August 16, 2004

The complexities of the island


Dr Sandwich in his helicopter.


Someday I'll look back on this project and think one of 2 things… 1) WOW, that was a job well done… or 2) WOW that job would have been much easier to get done well if I didn't always insist on making my stories so damn complicated.

I can't help it. I LIKE to watch a movie and be confused so that I can't see what's coming up. My favourite cartoons are seemingly needlessly silly. It hurts one's brain to think seriously about tieing a 5 minute animation together, incorporating a ninja, a 15 billion year old super intelligent evil sandwich, a time machine, a UFO, a suprise party and a military conspiracy. It almost takes 5 minutes just to say that sentence.

I've completed the initial animatic, then 2 more versions, including the rough dialogue. I'm looking at somewhere between 5 and 6 minutes. I have several people auditioning for the spoken roles tomorrow and I'm still tightening the script. I'm getting there, at least I think I am.

1 Comments:

At 1:14 AM, Blogger Aimee said...

I like the style, reminds me of the cartoon network.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home